Welcome to Lamp Lit.
Your comments are always welcome.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Shine




Shine

This day's one of those I can't wait to close, my light is fading out.
I tried pushing through, met storms without you, and had to turn about.
I've faked enough to, know I still need you,
Turn and forsake, makes my smile less opaque, so Your light can break through. 


If it's the rules that make us shine,
I'd be breaking all the time.
Shine, shine, shine, this little light of mine. 
Let Your glory shine, not my light but thine.
 

When you look at me, I want you to see, I burn with heavenly fire.
But the glow that you see, should not just be me, aglow for you to admire.
Follow the rules, can't be the fuel
For joy all the time, not a smile but a shine, of Jesus glowing through
 

If it's the rules that make us shine,
I'd be breaking all the time.
Shine, shine, shine, this little light of mine. 

Let Your glory shine, not my light but thine.

Scott and Becky Swinton

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you posted this today, for it is along the same lines that I have been thinking the past couple of days.

    Although it is not the same, the same desire to look good before men drives this.
    For instance---how we talk to one another. This one is fairly obvious and easy to spot, however, all of the Christian graces are easy (or not so easy) to put on, rather than to come from the heart. A heart that is full of God's thoughts, framed in God's love and grace, as a result of time spent in His Word.

    I was thinking how we know we are to speak kindly to one another, which is very hard to do when our hearts are full of impatience, frustration, or whatever sin happens to be in our heart at the time. So we pull out our kindest words spoken in our kind tone, but what comes out are words that are syrupy sweet and obviously fakey. (Is that a word---if not, I now give it new word status). And it is soon evident to all around that it is not God's love flowing out of us, as we resort to angry frustrated words as soon are we are meet with resistance from the person with whom we are interacting.

    It is not an act it is the overflow of God's grace coming out in our response, as we saturate our hearts and minds with God's Word.

    Then we will not be fakey syrupy rule followers.

    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete