Welcome to Lamp Lit.
Your comments are always welcome.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Pause In-Between


I am that pause in-between.

A breeze at the summit, a wide angle view unexpectedly seen.
I'm the reason for battles bitterly fought, scars for my cause are a badge. Yet don't be deceived, know this, though I'm brave I thrive when avoiding the fight. I'm the flowering vine undisturbed by the sunlight, the rain, or wind.  Yet how often I'm lost or simply passed by in the trials of heat and storm.

I'm there in the shouts of children at play, 
I'm there in the crash of the waves, 
I'm breath of winter, and color of spring, 
but absent in your dismay. 

Softly from chaos I run off and hide,
But linger expectant nearby, 
As nothing for chaos was ever designed, 
So I wait for those storm clouds to fly.

But I can be found in a storm, and on mountains and busy streets, though busyness cannot create me. Demand that I come, and a poor substitute will enter and rule in my place.  I preference no age, or gender, or race.  I'm gained or lost in a word. I'm gained or lost in one simple glance,

I'm that pause in-between,


I am Peace



By Scott Swinton
Written for my nephew Micah Lagger on his birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment